The decision aid is the culmination of a partnership between older drivers, health professionals, academics, and health professionals from a diverse range of disciplines. A rigorous iterative co-design approach involved academic review; piloting; consultation with expert advisory groups; and reiterative revision based on feedback.
The decision aid will help older drivers consider:
- How to continue driving safely for longer
- How to maintain lifestyles if required to drive less or retire from driving
- How to prepare for other ways to get around
We wish to thank older drivers, retired older drivers, optometrists, orthoptists, ophthalmologists, physiotherapists, general practitioners, general practice nurses, driver trained occupational therapists, geriatricians, family members of older drivers, road safety officers and transport industry representatives who provided their experiences and views on this topic or provided feedback on the draft resource.
- The PDF interactive version will need to be saved to your personal computer before using.
- A PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat is required.
The decision aid is 30 pages double sided or 60 pages single sided.